Monday, December 31, 2012

Flipper Slippers

I have been searching for a 
cute, quirky and easy slipper pattern
 to crochet.
 There are SO MANY!! 
But I am still learning how to read patterns 
and I spent hours making one slipper to get half way through 
to find it 
WAY TOO big. 
I did something wrong. 

So on to making my own. 
I have not seen a pattern or style like this one.....
and I have looked at a lot of slipper patterns. 
I have not written out a normal pattern. 
If I can't read one, than I can't write one. 
I made more of a template for my size. 
I have a page for the top or toe part and then one for the heel part. 


Making this is mostly just how it fits YOUR foot, 
so having a pattern is silly anyway. 
It is very simple.


I used this pattern to make the triangle shape: 

Then once I got to the size i needed, 
then I stopped increasing. 
In the following video I show how to measure it to your foot.

I have 15 increase rows and then 8 rows to continue for the heel. 



 I fold down the top point and start the stitch at the 15th row to make the toe part.
.


stitch the heel part up.

And done.
So, they are a bit ugly. 
My 5 year-old son says they look like flippers,
thay is why they are the 
Flipper Slippers.

Leave a comment if you have any questions.

I think I made it sound 
way more complicated that it really is.  
Sorry
These are very simple.
Thanks :)  

~Bree~ 

 






3 comments:

  1. i was hoping they might be sized for a child ;) although i don't know the size of the child's feet. working on booties for a baby and looking for something easy that would please a 5 year old. i think i'm gonna have to get the mom to trace his feet for me... wanted that to be a surprise tho, lol. i think it's spectacular that you just set out on your own.. sometimes there are really great discoveries and certainly better understanding that comes from that - bravo!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      And yes, I traced my 9 year old's foot so I could work on it while she was at school.

      It sure is fun to have an idea and then have it work out right. :)

      Delete